Saturday, May 13, 2017

Profile story Damon Peters



When it comes to stardom on a college baseball team you usually look to the older players. When it comes to LBCC baseball many look to a freshman player named Damon Peters.


“Damon Peters is a freshman player who works hard, and leads by example” Said LB headcoach Ryan Gipson. Gipson considers Peters to be a great player who will only get better over time.


From the moment he steps on his third base plate, you can see the passion pouring out of him, he is crouched over with his glove ready for every ball that comes his way. He cheers his pitcher on and is ready to go.


Damon Peters is a third baseman for the Linnbenton baseball team. He attended Hillsboro High School from 2012 until 2016 before he came to LB


Peters has been playing baseball since he was five years old, and states there's nothing he’d rather be doing then playing baseball for the Roadrunners. “If I was given a chance to take another path I wouldn’t. I feel like LB is the best fit for me, and I’m very happy that I made the decision to come here.” Said Peters.


“ I always loved playing any sport growing up, and baseball just came a bit more natural so I think that was why at first I enjoyed it more.”  Peters said, when asked about his passion for baseball.

For many high school athletic superstars, their journey ends after they graduate. For Peters his journey is just beginning. He plans to continue on to a four-year university after next year. “After LB I plan to go to a 4 year school and get my bachelor’s degree, but I’m not exactly sure in which field of study yet.” Said Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment

What The Future Holds

From no where, to almost there. Two years ago the Roadrunners baseball team was brought back to LBCC. Head coach Ryan Gipson knew the p...